View Single Post
Old April 30 2012, 08:35 PM   #96
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

^ He got praise for all of those movies, but he wasn't the sort of name to put bums on seats and that's the bottom (no pun intended) line in Hollywood. I yield to few in my love for Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang but he, Val Kilmer and Shane Black all got great acclaim for the role but little else. Black has made no movies since, while Kilmer is hardly a box office draw.

It's not true to say he could pick and choose his roles as a result - he had to audition for Iron Man and there were all sorts of insurance conditions arising from his drug history. No, he may not have been in the John Travolta career graveyard but nor was this a case of the studio chasing him for the role the way they chased Chris Evans.

Meanwhile RDJ has expressed his own views about remaining in the role:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...ate-that.jhtml

"I would really hate for someone else to think they could step into my shoes. I wonder who's playing Tony Stark next.… I know things are looking like that they could go on for a long while. As usual in my book, it's all about quality control and delivering a product that you can have this kind of reaction to. If they keep doing that, maybe I'll keep showing up" says the actor.