View Single Post
Old April 29 2012, 02:29 PM   #19
CeJay
Commodore

Re: Agamemnon Voyages: The God Particle

Gibraltar wrote: View Post
A fantastic character piece here as Maya not only interacts with two of her senior staff, but gives us a look at her engineering chops as well.

I appreciate the diversity in Agamemnon’s crew, and the fact that Captain Donners is willing to go with the flow of her predecessor’s crew selection.

Chen and Rass are quite the pair, and given their reptilian natures, it makes sense that they’d become friends among all the warm-blooded humanoids.

Terrific stuff!

Thanks Gibraltar. Admittedly I cheated a little bit here. I didn't want to go through the motions of assembling the crew and instead wanted to jump right into the action hence the reason Donners was assigned to an already fully crewed vessel. But it fits her character, certainly at this point, that she wouldn't try to shake things up by brining in new people.

BrotherBenny wrote: View Post
I enjoyed that section for all of the above reasons bar one, I thought the engineering scene felt like an unnecessary infodump, but I liked it nonetheless.

I'm looking forward to seeing where the Agamemnon goes from here.
Yeah. Infodumps can be annoying, I agree. It's difficult to avoid them completely when introducing new characters though. Also I really wanted to make sure Donners comes across as a competent engineer by trade. She clearly knows her technobabble.

Thanks for reading.

Proud Member of United Trek
CeJay is offline   Reply With Quote