View Single Post
Old April 29 2012, 10:31 AM   #188
Xavier_Storma
Lieutenant Commander

Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Mage wrote: View Post
That was some of the most fun I've had in cinema's in a while!!
The jokes were spot on, the Hulk was amazing, the SFX perfect. Ok, the 3D sucked sometimes, but I hate 3D anyway. But I couldn't find a theater nearby that had a normal version.

But to people like Xavier Storma; don't take a movie like this to serieus. Sure, it took a while to get things into motion. Sure, the dialogue won't win any Oscars (but Oscars mean shit-all these days anyway), sure there hardly was any characterdevelopment. But that's NOT what a movie like this is about. It's about fun. People seem to forget that movies are made for fun. Enjoymant. So judging a movie like this (which really is nothing more then a popcorn-flick) on things like pacing and dialogue is cool if you want to, but you're watching the movie with the wrong attitude IMO.

Anyway, it was fun as hell. Can't wait for the dvd!!
I honestly agree. I should be about fun. But you have to endure boring 70 minutes of tiresome not even funny scenes to get to the fun.

It is far too long. 90 minutes or so (cut the whole not necessary dialogue and pseudo-character moments) and we could have had a huge SFX movie.

The problem is... IMHO that it takes far too long before it starts to make fun. After the superb reviews I expected a light hearted film which would take you along from minute one, not from minute 71.

The SFX are great (although the finale looks like a copy and past from TRANSFORMERS), and some scenes are really funny (Hulk and Thor in the Stark tower ). But it is nowhere even close to IRON MAN, THE DARK KNIGHT or X-MEN FIRST CLASS.