View Single Post
Old April 29 2012, 02:13 AM   #113
barnaclelapse
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to barnaclelapse
Re: General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Admiral M wrote: View Post
My Extreme Rules Predictions

Santino Marella (c) vs. The Miz: I'm picking Santino to retain in his usual way because he is very popular at the moment and there is no real harm in him recieving a decent push, even though he is predominantly a comedy character.

Nikki Bella (c) vs. Beth Phoenix: I think there is a possibility that this match will be thrown out and Kharma will end up walking away from Extreme Rules as Diva's Champion. But if this doesn't happen, I pick Nikki to retain

Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show (c): We're possibly looking at a match that will favour Cody given the "spin the wheel" stipulation. But I'm predicting that Big Show will retain to extend the feud.

Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk (c): I'm picking Punk to win, because it's the only result that makes sense at this stage.

Sheamus (c) vs. Daniel Bryan: I don't think for one minute that the enormous popularity that DB has recieved from the audience has convinced WWE to put the WHC back on him. I do think however, that WWE has realised DB's character potential and have decided to keep him in the main event picture. I think that Sheamus will retain, with a good chance of there being a competitive match.

Randy Orton vs. Kane: I'd be very surprised if Kane walked out as the winner, so I'm picking Orton to win.

John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar: I think there is a chance that WWE might actually end this match in a no-contest after both men are declared "unable to continue". I think Lesnar is walking out the winner though, in pretty decisive fashion, because he's being built as a legitimately tough guy (which he is) to pose a real threat to either The Rock or The Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXIX. I wouldn't be surprised if Lesnar became the "first person" (since 03/04) to make Cena submit.
That works for me, but I'm leaning more on the no-contest than anything else. I do think, however, that Brock will be made to look stronger in some form or fashion.

I can also see Lesner winning because Cena is physically unable to continue. That would give Lesner the win, maintain the image (to those who choose to buy it) of Cena as a "Never say die" sort, and give the feud room to carry on.
barnaclelapse is offline   Reply With Quote