View Single Post
Old April 27 2012, 07:08 PM   #93
Violet.Phoenix
Commander

Re: Play matchmaker for Janeway

Lighthammer wrote: View Post
So touching on a few points of interest:

RE: Janeway and Chakotay

I hadn't actually ever heard about Mulgrew putting her foot down. That makes sense in retrospect that something behind the scenes happened because that pairing frankly seemed perfect ever since Resolutions in Season 2.

Any other pairing with Janeway felt unnatural after Resolutions.
She says that she did so in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibVOzPUvtww&hl=en&fs=1&">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibVOzPUvtww&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

RE: Chakotay and Seven

I absolutely agree that this seemingly came out of no where. Yea, there was some plot development, but not enough. Frankly, realistically, the way things went down, I would have more expected Seven to become infatuated with Chakotay and for him to pull the "You're not my type" card. Let's face it, up until that point, Seven and Chakotay weren't exactly in the same clique on the ship.

The being said, I expected Seven to end up with Harry. Right on from The Gift the two had one of those awkward "I'm attracted to you, but I can't figure out how to express it in a way that doesn't make me out to be a complete fool" things going on. Like Toress and Paris, I expected them to eventually figure things out and get together.
That's exactly my thing with Chakotay and Seven. As for Harry and Seven, I saw the awkward attraction, but I felt it was more one-sided (Harry). I honestly expected Seven to end up with the Doc.

Last edited by Violet.Phoenix; April 27 2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: video clip wasn't working -_-
Violet.Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote