View Single Post
Old April 26 2012, 06:44 PM   #158
David Mack
Writer

View David Mack's Twitter Profile
Re: Vanguard: Storming Heaven by David Mack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Christopher wrote: View Post
Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
Marcusí later defence of Starfleet during The Wrath of Khan looks a little odd now, though I guess Davidís attitude in that film suggests Carol was giving off far more contempt for Starfleet the whole time than she might have thought. Children pick up on these things very well, of course. I guess Marcus was playing devilís advocate with herself, or trying not to give in to her cynicism (her line to Xiong about disappointed idealists presumably being important here).
Maybe after everything went completely to pot, Marcus had a change of heart. Now that I think about it, the events of this series do help to explain why Carol & David were so mistrustful of Starfleet in TWOK.
Keep in mind that even after the crap Starfleet foisted upon Marcus and her civilian colleagues on Vanguard, they had Nogura to thank for setting them up in the independent facility at Regula, far from oversight or meddling.

Also, TWOK takes place nearly 20 years later, during which Marcus and her team no doubt had many more positive experiences working with Captain Terrell, first in his role aboard the Sagittarius, and later on the Reliant.

Join me on Facebook & Twitter
David Mack is offline   Reply With Quote