View Single Post
Old April 26 2012, 01:02 PM   #538
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

123. The Illustrated Man: (✩✩✩) - Recorded TV - A young man meets a hobo in the countryside who then shows him the tattoos given to him by a mysterious woman. Three visions come out of these tattoos... One about a sterile reality, one that takes place on another world and another about the last day on Earth. The movie isn't easy to follow but it's got some good TOS-like atmosphere, having been made in ther late 60s and all. It's also got a bit of food for thought, even if that thought is... What the hell did I just watch?

124. Winter's Bone: (✩✩½) - DVD - With her father gone due to some trouble he was in, a teenage girl (Jennifer Lawrence) does what she can to look after her younger siblings and deals with the fact that they might lose the house. I was bored to death watching this and couldn't figure out for the life of me why this was so critically acclaimed or why it got 94% on Rotten Tomatoes. What did I miss? What am I not seeing? ...I thought. Then after a bit of reflection and reading, I came to the conclusion that critics and most people in general like movies that tell a certain truth and/or don't hit you over the head with a simplistic message. If that's the case, then this movie delivers, I guess. It shows the gritty reality of the America we don't often see and a strong young girl doing her best to get by. Not a bad story to tell, I just wish it was more engaging because my actual viewing experience wasn't a good one.

Theatre: 4
DVD/Blu-Ray: 42
Live TV: 54
Recorded TV: 4
On Demand: 18
Internet: 2
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote