View Single Post
Old April 26 2012, 04:25 AM   #239
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Location: The North Pole of the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View SantaEddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

I don't collect Transformers...haven't since I was a kid in the '80s and the original toys and cartoon were out...but I've heard plenty of horror stories about the state of Transformer collecting. I don't know how some of you guys do it. It must take the patience of a saint to not strangle somebody to death when you've waited months or even longer for new Transformers to show up at retail. I don't know what's going on with Hasbro and the stores in this country anymore. A country with an economy sicker than the Bubble Boy on SEINFELD gets an oil tanker's worth of brand new, hard to find STAR WARS figures that a lot of their people can't even afford to purchase, but here we get stuck coast to coast with row after row of half-full or empty pegs containing pegwarmers from several months or even a year ago. Like I told someone else this evening, if the retail situation isn't resolved and things don't get better for collectors soon then this hobby is going to be headed straight to hell on a bullet train. People of all collecting stripes---SW, Transformers, Marvel, D.C., G.I. Joe---are fed up with the stores and the manufacturers. I realize this is a bad economy...but come on. This is just pathetic.

"Don't forget to have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!"
SantaEddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote