View Single Post
Old April 24 2012, 01:54 PM   #530
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

117. Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol: (✩✩✩½) - On Demand - The plot was a tad bit convoluted, but I enjoyed this outing. It had some good action sequences, some cool tech, Tom Cruise looked good, Scotty was a hoot and Paula Patton was distractngly hot. Seriously! I even liked the surprise at the end. Bring on M:I 5. I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that they wanted Jeremy Renner to take over the franchise. Personally, I don't see it. By the way, I was surprised to see Mike Dopud. Then I read up on the movie and saw that part of it was shot in Vancouver.

118. The Company Men: (✩✩✩½) - DVD - Ben Affleck stars as a guy with a wife, a kid, a big house and a sports car who just lost his job. The movie deals with the difficulties of finding work, being dispensible, keeping up appearances and all the other difficulties involved with the loss of a high profile job. The movie also stars Kevin Costner, Chris Cooper and Tommy Lee Jones.

119. This Movie is Broken: (✩✩) - DVD - A guy and a girl have a one-night stand, and he wants to surprise her with a night at a Broken Social Scene concert before she leaves for Paris. This movie is definately broken. It's pure crap that verges on unwatchable. The whole movie is literally a taped concert with maybe 10 minutes of movie spliced in. I almost fastforwarded through some of it. I gave it a very generous two stars because I like Broken Social Scene, summer in Toronto and Georgina Reilly, but otherwise, it's not much of a movie at all.

120. Finding a Family: (✩✩✩) - Live TV - A TV movie about Alex, a bright young kid who has to leave his mentally ill mother and find a family who will take him in so that he can realize his goal of going off to Harvard and making something of himself. Not a bad watch.

121. Cop Out: (✩✩✩) - Live TV - Stars Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan as a couple of dicks who have just been suspended. Hilarity ensues as they spend their time off trying to track down Willis' baseball card so that he can sell it to pay for his daughter's wedding. This one is a good mix of big-budget movie and Kevin Smith's usual raunchy/stream of consciousness style, but it does drag a bit.

122. The Fantastic Four: (✩✩✩) - Internet - I saw Trekker's thread and decided to download this movie. It's the 1994 version that wasn't intended for release. I talk more about it in that thread, but basically, I had fun watching it and thought it had some strong points.

Theatre: 4
DVD/Blu-Ray: 41
Live TV: 54
Recorded TV: 3
On Demand: 18
Internet: 2
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote