View Single Post
Old April 23 2012, 09:38 PM   #68
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: Heads up! MYTHBUSTERS season premiere tonight at 9 Eastern!

We saw a rare example of Jaime's happy face in this very episode with him shaking the TV in the "don't try this at home" bit. Although he's never been good at acting for the camera on command, so I can see why he would have trouble doing it here.

Anyway, I thought it was a fun episode. One can question their methodology (especially the very limited sampling sizes they used), but generally speaking I think the truth is probably the way they showed it-- there might be slight advantages here or there, but not enough to say that one gender is massively better at certain things than the other.

I do have to wonder how much people's nerves played in these tests though. No matter how adept you might be at driving normally, if you're at a police training center with a police instructor grading every move you make (not to mention all the cameras watching you or the ridiculous outfit you're wearing) you're GOING to drive a bit differently.

If it was me I'd probably be shaking like a leaf. Lol

And putting a severe time limit on the car-packing test seemed kind of odd to me as well. Some people might require more time to pack a car properly, but that doesn't mean they don't know HOW to do it.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote