View Single Post
Old April 21 2012, 09:18 PM   #76
ScottDS
Captain

Re: DTI: Forgotten History by C. L. Bennett Review Thread (Spoilers!)

I managed to pick up the book yesterday since Barnes & Noble already had it listed as available. I just finished it, which must be a new record for me. Needless to say, I'm still processing it but I enjoyed it, as I enjoy all of CLB's books, very much. Some of the jargon makes me go cross-eyed but I have no problem with that. And I love the various ways in which CLB manages to explain certain inconsistencies in the Trek canon.

I would've loved to see more of Dulmer and Lucsly in the present but I understand that isn't the story being told this time around.

Having said that, since CLB has now prequelized and sequelized Star Trek: TMP, I'd love to see Pocket Books let him write a new novelization of the film itself (has such a thing ever been done before?), taking into account everything we now know of the Star Trek universe, both officially and unofficially. Maybe for the film's 35th anniversary?

In any case, good work and I look forward to the next one! (I'd love to see the DTI investigate Picard but I'll understand if you don't want to repeat yourself.)
ScottDS is offline   Reply With Quote