View Single Post
Old April 21 2012, 06:31 PM   #41
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: What are your top 5 technologies of the next 15 years?

holographic display units... think that's going to be the big one for computer interface systems, not necessarily 3D, but free floating holographic displays for phones, computers and such... i can easily see that in the next 5 years or so...

Sonic screwdriver... hell, we already have that thanks to the brain trust guys in europe lol

Quantum Computing... that's turning into more of a necessity nowdays than a quirk of computing... it's something that a lot of people are putting effort into and are working towards, so i can see it happening in the next 5 to 10 years...

nanotechnology... this is one thats just being broken into nowdays, so within 15 years i can see nanotech being used readily for medical and technological purposes...

nuclear fusion... again, something that's being worked on today, but not perfected... nuclear fusion could easily take over where nuclear fission is used today in powerplants, it's a hell of a lot more stable, and a lot more reliable, and has the promise to kick out a fuckload more energy that nuclear fission does... so a 15 year time table for getting nuclear fusion up and running is more than realistic in my eyes

M