View Single Post
Old April 21 2012, 05:34 PM   #47
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

JD wrote: View Post
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Yeah it looks like Ruffalo's Hulk is going to be the break through character from this movie from everything I've read about it so far, which is kind of what I expected, he's also who I'm most excited to see (other than Cobie Smulder's Maria Hill). I still think we'll get a Hulk movie sequel for 2015. It's possible that the television series might interfere somehow with this but I doubt it.
I read a quote from Kevin Feige (the guy in charge of Marvel's movies) on IGN where he said they were done with Hulk, at least for now. The impression I got was that he'll probably still be in future Avengers movies, but he won't be getting any more solo films in the near future.
That's probably for the best. There's only so much you can do with the Hulk on his own in a cinematic format -- he works best in a supporting / occasionally antagonistic role. That being said, I enjoyed the heck out of Leterrier's The Incredible Hulk (I've always felt its cinematography, especially, was the best of the Marvel films thus far, as was the action staging). It would probably be far better remembered -- and done better financially -- if it hadn't been sandwiched between the first Iron Man and The Dark Knight. As it is, it was kind of an audience afterthought given the summer of 2008.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote