View Single Post
Old April 21 2012, 03:03 AM   #1772
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
The shuttle stf sounds interesting. Somebody mentioned that they plan to use the Captain's yacht, but I would probably use the Delta Flyer.

I have tried the new shuttle 4 times and it isn't easy. The main goal is to fight your way past three rooms to capture the Thalaron device in room 3. Each room also has several sub-objectives that must be completed before the next room is unlocked.

Room 1:
1) Keeping Obisek's ship from getting too much damage.
2) Destroy waves of Romulan scorpion fighters.
3) Reroute power from 2 nodes at certain times, defended by 2-3 scorpion fighters.
4) Do this all within X minutes.

Room 2:
2) Destroy waves of Romulan scorpion fighters AND Bird of Preys.
3) Do something with 4 cores, all of them are defended by a cluster of turrets and scorpion fighters.
4) Do this all within X minutes.

Room 3:
2) Destroy waves of Romulan scorpion fighters, Bird of Preys AND finally a D'Dridex.
3) Do something with with something, probably even more heavily defended.
4) Avoid a massive cone attack every minute. It is identical to Donatra's massive cone attack in Khitomer Accord Space.
5) Do this all within X minutes.

As you can imagine, each room gets progressively tougher and from what I have seen, very few groups have managed to win this event although I'm sure that will change when people get more familiar with the event and come up with winning strategies.

So far, the strategy that works is to have 3 shuttles protect Obisek's shuttle while the remaining 2 shuttles complete the secondary objectives.