View Single Post
Old April 20 2012, 06:15 PM   #17
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Movie-Moron.com - A grade
Director Joss Whedon brings us the best Hulk yet in The Avengers, and it starts with his introductory scene. The tension is slowly building towards the first inevitable Hulk-out later in the film, with Black Widow – who we’ve seen deal with some shady underworld types nonchalantly – deathly afraid of having to deal with the angry version of Dr Banner. Banner, meanwhile, is confident and apparently has some degree of control. It’s a fun scene that kicks off a fun portrayal; Hulk is a horrible prospect, a force to be reckoned with and, eventually, really exciting to watch.
viewaucklund.co.nz - 5o5 stars
The Avengers is an awesome, action-packed extravaganza. The best of its kind thanks to the enviable skill of its writer/director Joss Whedon. It has been a long time since I've seen a film that I would happily walk straight back into the cinema after viewing, and watch all over again.
thepopcornjunkie.com - 4.5 of 5 stars
Be prepared for a LOT of gushing over Marvel Studio’s ‘The Avengers’. I’m going to give it to you straight; the film is phenomenally awesome. No review for the film really matters anyway because you’d be mental to miss the biggest superhero film event since we were pooped out from the big bang. Therefore, the burning question – is it the greatest superhero movie ever made? Our yardstick for the perfect superhero film is Christopher Nolan’s ‘The Dark Knight’ and Richard Donner’s ‘Superman’. ‘The Avengers’ gets the bronze medal behind these films but serves as one of the best blockbusters ever made and is a fantastic accomplishment of Marvel Studios and writer/director Joss Whedon.
BleedingCool.com their 3-D review - stars/grade unknown but he liked it.
The lights came down, the glasses went on. I have a slight stigmatism in my eye which, apparently, makes 3D films an issue for me, especially with fast paced action. Guess what there was a lot of in this film. But my eyes adjusted eventually.

There was lots of good. There was some bad. Some people are calling this the best superhero film of all… but I still feel like keeping First Class above it. And, naturally, it’s not a patch on Misfits. But it is a stunning piece of work.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote