View Single Post
Old April 20 2012, 02:26 PM   #15
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

LiveForFilms.com
If you hadnít guessed it, I LOVED The Avengers, it was everything I had hoped it would be and so much more. I donít do star ratings, but if I did this would be an easy 5 out of 5. I was blown away by it, as was the rest of the screening audience. Iíve been to a few screenings but never have I seen and heard so much enthusiasm as at The Avengers, clapping & cheering throughout isnít commonplace from a bunch of journalists and film critics.
uk.screengeeks.com - 4/5 stars
So it happened, Avengers Assemble actually exists and the strangest factor in the film is that itís actually excellent. Whedon and his team have assembled to bring us one of the finest action/adventure films of the past few years. Like any movie in this genre, it has its flaws but when a film is this fun, do we care? The superhero genre just got kicked up a notch.
digitalspy.com - 4/5 stars
Bringing superheroes together might have been a bad idea. All that chest puffing and portentous bluster could suck the oxygen out of the Earth's atmosphere. Thankfully writer-director Joss Whedon keeps things wonderfully bright and breezy, making a long film whizz by faster than a speeding bullet.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote