View Single Post
Old April 20 2012, 02:43 AM   #160
USS Mariner
Rear Admiral
View USS Mariner's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to USS Mariner Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Mariner
Re: "Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

davejames wrote: View Post
USS Mariner wrote: View Post
Like GL, "Beware's" CG looks positively AWFUL for a modern TV series, and it has nothing to do with the art design (i.e. character environment design, color palette).
I think GL looks pretty damn good for a Saturday morning cartoon. Obviously the CG isn't quite as sophisticated as what we see on Clone Wars, but there are very few cartoons that have THAT kind of budget.

And the storytelling is strong enough that nothing more is really necessary. The characters are expressive enough, and the simpler cartoony style fits the lighter tone of the show really well, I think.
Shader algorithms don't require money (directly), they require time allocated in preproduction, which is the first to get cut by TPTB because they don't like having projects being worked on outside of a mandated schedule. This is done as a measure against fraud in many fields, but often an extra day in pre-pro can radically change parts of a project.
Ignorance is forgivable,
Arrogance is reprehensible,
Narcissism is intolerable.

Subspace Commns Network ~ Visit Marinina!
USS Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote