View Single Post
Old April 20 2012, 01:28 AM   #159
USS Mariner
Rear Admiral

View USS Mariner's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to USS Mariner Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Mariner
Re: "Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

JD wrote: View Post
davejames wrote: View Post
Batman already got a number of great series in BTAS, Batman Beyond, Brave and the Bold, and even The Batman. I don't really see a pressing need for another one right now.

I'd much rather see a new Superman series, considering the last one was the rather generic and simplistic STAS.
As much as I like Batman, I have to agree. I'm not that familiar with the characters yet, but from what I've seen of them, I'd rather get a Flash, Green Arrow, or Wonder Woman series.
The thing is, Brave and the Bold gave us exactly that. Batman's involvement in both the TV show and the original comic allowed the writers to give little-known or not-so-popular characters mass market exposure through the draw of the Batman name. Hell, Batman barely did anything in half of the episodes, not because we didn't want to see him, but there were so many previously-underused characters that turned out to be hits that we all knew would likely never get another look if they were to have their own show.

Subspace Commns Network ~ Visit Marinina!
USS Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote