View Single Post
Old April 20 2012, 01:28 AM   #1200
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

Pauln6 wrote: View Post
I liked Daredevil mostly but Elektra was dumbed down in the same way as Wolverine.
I don't know that "dumbed down" is the right word. There was certainly something that Daredevil had but Elektra didn't but I can't quite describe it.

It also didn't help that Daredevil was a relatively realistic movie (for being a movie about a blind vigilante ninja who fights a deranged Irish marksman & fucks a ninja). Then Elektra suddenly added in all of these overtly fantastical elements, from the Kimaguri that resurrected her to the guy with the magic animal tatoos. It's a jarring change in tone, kinda like going from Pitch Black to The Chronicles of Riddick.

Pauln6 wrote: View Post
I do think Cap's army helmet looked way better than his dodgy cowl though.
Agreed. But then, I find myself in a constantly evolving relationship as far as my opinions on Captain America's movie costumes. Right now, I think the one for The Avengers looks a bit too silly and lacks the grit & texture of his previous costume. But I suspect once I actually get to see it in the movie, I'll like it.