View Single Post
Old April 19 2012, 06:36 AM   #3917
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

I saw Rich's report about the Trinity War...very interesting indeed. Looks like we're finally going to get to the bottom of what Pandora's agenda is and her connection to the New 52 timeline.

Supergirl #8: I've been extremely patient with this book and it showed a lot of promise with the opening arc and the art is pretty good and consistent, but there are still a lot of problems with this book. I guess the military who we can assume have worked with Superman by this point and are familiar with him and his costume can't decipher that Kara has a similar costume to him, and she just saved their asses as well. Kara's new friend who seems to be the New 52 version of Dazzler lol...is kind of interesting and i'm guessing she is going to room with her and she is going to teach her about Earth custom and we're going to find out why she has a gift with languages, but I just have run out of patience with this book. There seems to be a lot of stupid people in the New 52 as opposed to the DCU. I might pick this up again during the Superman Family crossover later this summer but it's dropped now.

Batman #8: Prelude to the Night of Owls and oh man has business picked up!! Yeah I've been critical of the whole Court of Owls arc but it is very clear to me that Snyder is weaving an even larger tale here. This is just the start of something bigger. The art is simply awesome. Greg Capullo is really killing it here, just some beautiful art. I might have to start reading the other books that I dropped in order to follow the rest of the arc.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; April 19 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote