View Single Post
Old April 19 2012, 06:31 AM   #106
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men -- Speculation, Spoilers, and Discussion

I'm not saying Cap or the government are any better at all. I'm just explaining why Scott is being portrayed in the specific manner he is right now. Personally I'm on neither side, and this has been building up for years in the books. You'd think that Captain America and the Avengers would take another route given what they supposedly learned from fighting each other in the Civil War. I do agree with some fans that this is essentially Civil War Part II but the mainstream heroes vs the mutant community. It will be interesting to see the Marvel Universe post AVX because I have a feeling there is going to be a bit of a shake up. Hopefully whatever happens isn't undone like a few weeks later lol.

Avengers Vs X-Men #2: I see the problems everyone is having with this book, and I really do agree with them. This is written much better than the first one though. I now understand what point Praetor Shinzon was making in the other thread. This doesn't surprise me though. Logan killed Jean when she was possessed by Phoenix at the end of Morrison's New X-Men run, mostly because Jean begged him to and there wasn't going to be another way to stop the entity. Jr's art is terrible in this issue. This hasn't been awesome so far, but we're just getting started. I see they were also setting up the matches for the fight book as well in this issue.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; April 19 2012 at 10:05 AM.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote