View Single Post
Old April 19 2012, 04:08 AM   #146
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: "Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

Christopher wrote: View Post
Venardhi wrote: View Post
I'm not sold on the animation or the attempt at creating new villains without having the foundation of the classic baddies around, but I'm happy to give it a shot.
The villains mentioned in connection with the show aren't original creations, but character who have been introduced in the comics in recent years and haven't been adapted for animation before. But it's been stated that BtB "won't shy away from featuring some of the more well-known Batman foes."
Interesting. I vaguely recall Anarky but the rest have slipped me by in my on-again off-again comic habit. I guess if you're going to reinvent villains you may as well pick forgettable ones. One could argue they never caught on for a good reason though.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote