View Single Post
Old April 18 2012, 10:29 AM   #1760
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Problem is, they underestimate the work that needs to be done, as well. They announced Into the Hive (and Children of Khan for that matter) way back when the other 4 STFs were released originally.
At that point they have set up certain expectations and couldn't or wouldn't deliver.
The reason is clear, a whole lot of other stuff has come up and is keeping doing so.
They really should learn not to announce things until they are done.
They did the same thing with the last FE. Stahl himself was boasting episode one is nearly finished and that he test played it almost a year ago. Next thing we know DeAngelo doesn't know anything about that and work in it had only just begun (end of last year) to the point where they barely were able to release it on the target date in a very buggy state.

So I bet not a singly line of code has been written yet for Into the Hive, but screw that it is still just around the corner ever since Season 3.
Season 6 is upon us, targeted for June, with supposedly a ton of new content.
I am willing to bet they won't make it in June and they won't put half the content into it's release... The 2800 was supposed to cone out with season 4...

I love the game, but please Cryptic, don't keep making promises you can't keep...
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote