View Single Post
Old April 17 2012, 05:27 PM   #2325
wamdue
Admiral

Re: AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
So you know how quite a few people were saying that re-naming the film as 'Marvel Avengers Assemble' over here was unnecessary? Well I was just talking about the film with my parents and they thought it was going to be about the old tv show
but im not sure how adding "Assemble" helps any, one it makes it sounds like a Transformers movie, and 2 (whilst never having seen The Avengers) im pretty sure there could be a movie, about the first time, those character meet each other, or we assembled, possibly by the head of a shady top secret organisation.

Only way I can think to solve it is "Marvel Comics Avengers", but that wont stop anyone calling it "The Avengers" as most people will.

Pretty sure once you see the trailer, people will not think its a move about those Avengers, both Iron Man and Hulk are easily recognisable, even to those who may not have seen the movies.

Avengers Assemble may well be a slogan from the comics, but only comic book fans will really know this, and its those people who are most likely to know which movie they are watching.