View Single Post
Old April 16 2012, 06:44 PM   #14
EmoBorg
Captain

Re: Exploring a darker theme in a future star trek series

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
EmoBorg wrote: View Post
C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
Who were largely protesting the dark way society seemed to be heading at the time with their peace and love thing.

Today we call them the Occupy Movement.
Well who watched sci fi shows in 1960s it was the baby boomers who also protested in the 1960s. i don't think that the previous GI generation watched star trek at the same level as the baby boomers
Apparently, Star Trek and other sci-fi shows appealed to a wide range of people, not just one specific group.
The Occupy Movement is much more darker than the hippies if you ask me. Some of the Occupy movement members have resorted to violence. Hippies were not violent.
Not all hippies were peaceful either. Still, you can't let the actions of a few cause the condemnation of an entire group.
Charles Manson was not hippie even though he looked like one. He adopted the hippie look to get impressionable teens to join his cult and he was a racist and hippies are not racist.
Charles Manson was crazy and a bad example to everyone.
We seem to be going off topic here but i do believe a darker themed Star Trek series will work with today's audience.
"If you tried your best to live an honorable life and did your duty and were faithful to friends and not unkind to the weak and poor, it did not matter much what you believed or disbelieved". Winston Churchill
EmoBorg is offline   Reply With Quote