View Single Post
Old April 15 2012, 05:20 PM   #104
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile
Re: Fan Film Writer's Primer

USS Intrepid wrote: View Post
I tend to agree with Middy. One of the things we tried to do with Intrepid was play with the format a bit. I'm not convinced we were terribly successful, but we did try and break from the norm. Ironically, I think we've been drifting back towards the status quo as time has moved on. Must try harder.
Haven't watched INTREPID in awhile, but I did appreciate that you guys were trying to stretch the format. Gotta say tho' the one thing I do like about INTREPID is the down-to-earth quality of the characters. They seem more like working officers, not a bunch of stuffy shirts who spout off the Prime Directive at the drop of a hat.

Psion wrote: View Post
Well, Middy, I'm convinced. Thanks for a really thought-provoking series of posts. Have some karma!

Oh. That's right, we don't have karma here. Here, have a couple of approving Bolians, instead.
Thanks, man! Hoping to crank out more of these types of posts. After all, I got my MFA in creative writing so I could teach and I am an editor/writer by profession. So I really enjoy writing these posts. My goal is to help fan film writers improve their scripts, their stories, like Maurice's in starting this thread.
Ryan Thomas Riddle is online now   Reply With Quote