View Single Post
Old April 15 2012, 09:52 AM   #86
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Re: Who agrees? Kirk's a womanizer!

J. Allen wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
Why does anyone buy dvd sets in the US?
I buy the DVDs for archival purposes, but there are so many options in the U.S., I could buy digital movies from Amazon.com and access them anywhere there's a computer with an internet connection, I can buy the DVD, the blu-ray, rent movies through Amazon, buy subscriptions to movies and TV shows through Netflix, walk down to the store and rent a new release DVD/Blu-ray/video game from Redbox for a night (and reserve it in advance if I like), and my town's out in the middle of nowhere, just think how easy it is in a large city!
Or, in Korea, I might want 'Monarch of the Glen' a BBC series which isn't available for sale here at this time. I can catch the last couple of seasons on BBC International, but region nonsense means I can't buy and play it here through legal means.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote