7) Take Shelter (2011) - A-
8) 50/50 (2011) - B
9) Baby Mama (2008) - B-
10) United 93 (2006)
11) Rango (2011) - B
12) The Hunger Games (2012) - B+
13) 21 Jump Street (2012) - B+
14) Goon (2012) - A-

I've been wanting to see this movie for like 2 months. I heard about it on a Hockey podcast I listen to (Marek Vs. Wyshynski, awesome show) and the word of mouth was such where I had to find a way to see this movie. Well, thank you Itunes because it's not showing up in theaters near me but I can download it for 6.99, so I did and it was worth it.

This movie is basically about a guy named Doug (Sean Williams Scott, who was great here and I realized I really wasn't watching Stifler) who has a gift for fighting but really hasn't made anything out of his life as a bouncer. Well, one night he goes to a hockey game with his friend, get's into an argument with a player who hops over the Penalty Box and Knocks the guy out, thus joining the team.

After that, the movie is really life as a goon. This is a very vulger and nasty movie, but it's also a heartwarming one in that Doug is a great guy off the ice, but on he is one nasty SOB. I loved this cast, especially Alison Pill who played Eva, the love interest and the great narrerator of 24/7: Road to the Winter Classic, Liev Schreiber as the ultimate goon, Ross Rhea.

As a fan of Hockey and sports movies, this one was top notch. I think if I had one problem with it, it was Jay Baruchel who I thought was the weak link of the movie. Also they could have done a little more with the family, which seemed like a dropped story line after the scene in the restaurant. Other than that, I enjoyed it and if you're a hockey fan, or even if you aren't but like the Judd Apatow style comedy, I would definitely recommend this movie.

Theatre: 4
BluRay: 4
On Demand/TV: 1
Itunes: 5 (+1)