View Single Post
Old April 13 2012, 09:23 PM   #3901
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

The Lensman wrote: View Post
I'm not sure they could really ever get ME back. I quit comics with a whimper, not with a bang. The day didn't come when I loudly proclaimed "I'm done!!"

The days came when I realized I hadn't been to the comic shop in a few weeks....and then the time between visits grew longer until one day I realized that I hadn't been in several months.
I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I have found the number of weeks where nothing of interest has come in has increased. Since quitting DC I pretty much buy a handful of independents/licensed titles and that's it. My plan to "defect" to Marvel never happened because there's not a lot there of interest anymore either. As for DC - 8 months or so after quitting over the reboot I don't find myself missing it a bit. And reading some of the reviews I think even if I hadn't been turned off by the destroying of the Oracle character/cancellation of 90% of the titles I liked and ending the original runs of Action and Detective, I'd have probably signed off by now anyway.

My point being that if tomorrow they announced the "52 Reset" - as in everything returned to 2011 status quo and Action and Detective renumbering to 910 or whatever, I'd probably still not go back.

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote