View Single Post
Old April 13 2012, 08:38 PM   #3899
The Lensman
Fleet Captain

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
Mike Farley wrote: View Post
There aren't any new fans to be had. Comics have successfully turned themselves into a small niche market.
Agreed. I think it's about getting those who left to return, at this point.

I'm not sure they could really ever get ME back. I quit comics with a whimper, not with a bang. The day didn't come when I loudly proclaimed "I'm done!!"

The days came when I realized I hadn't been to the comic shop in a few weeks....and then the time between visits grew longer until one day I realized that I hadn't been in several months.

I wasn't happy with the pre-nu 52 Neo Silver Age as it stunk of shitting on younger readers with no connection to that time....and then the reboot came.

While for many it was a great jumping on point, for many others it was a great jumping off point. For me it made it easier to never look back. At least for monthly comics.

I don't recall what the prices were in my last couple of years....at least 2.99 IIRC. On recent forays back into the shop after a very long absence, no comic has looked interesting enough to shell out 3.99 for.

I do admit to being interested in Morrison's Action run, and the forth coming Earth-2 book looks interesting as well. However for the first time in 30 years of comics reading, I find myself being totally okay with "waiting for the trade".

At this point, even if they undid the nu52, I don't know that I'd go back to reading comics on a monthly basis because I just don't think I can afford it and it's not worth the value for your dollars.