View Single Post
Old April 13 2012, 03:42 AM   #494
CaptainCanada
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

43. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (A-)

The Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack of this was on sale for $22 on its first day of release, which is just about the cheapest first-day price I've ever gotten for one of these things.

I found my thoughts on my second viewing of this were pretty much the same as the first. This is really a borderline B+/A- film. It's a very compelling thriller for most of its 2 1/2 hour runtime, but it features a meandering epilogue of sorts (albeit one with great closing moments) that at first feels like a sequel hook before instead just coming to its own conclusion that doesn't really feel related to the rest of what's going on.

Rooney Mara's lead performance is superb, and possibly my favourite lead female turn of the year. Craig is good, though in a much quieter role. Christopher Plummer (in the last of a couple of roles in what was a very good 2011 for him) gets a lot of the best lines, and a really wonderful final scene that affected me a lot more the second time around.

Cinema: 10
Home Video: 28 (+1)
Computer: 5

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote