View Single Post
Old April 13 2012, 01:39 AM   #3892
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
DC conducted a New 52 survey and this is their power point presentation of their results if anyone is still interested in this sort of thing.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...w.php?gid=4181
Four slides in and I run across this:
"I can never recall a case where a fan base has been this rabid to participate in a simple market research study." --Tom Borys, Chief of Operations, Nielsen NRG[/url].

Funny, Tom, that's not quite the [url=http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/09/29/patton-oswalt-dc-new-52-survey/]reaction
I'd heard about:
"Don't go to Meltdown Comics today unless you like getting buttonholed into douch-ey, stultifying 'New 52' surveys," Oswalt Tweeted on Wednesday. He later wrote, "I also bought my last DC comics, EVER, today."
Oswalt was quick to point out that his frustration wasn't directed at the store itself, tweeting, "Everyone -- Meltdown Comics is cool, they got f***ed just like their customers. But DC Comics? Bye!"
Strangest part of buying comics today - creepy close talker comes up, asks if I bought the new 52 and wants to talk to him in back about it. Thought he was a pedophile, but evidently someone hired the Nielsen people to do some kind of survey.

Other Los Angeles residents have confirmed for ComicsAlliance that the Nielsen employee was indeed a memorable character. One Meltdown customer told us the man was "super aggressive, like Gil the desperate salesman on The Simpsons."
Granted, Patton Oswalt is just one voice in the crowd, but, Tom Borys' quote just reads like BS.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote