View Single Post
Old April 12 2012, 05:14 PM   #123
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post

And I agree on the droids being inaccurate, but Hasbro reps at the recent New York Toy Fair admitted that folded-up droids hanging on a rack didn't offer any real play value so they decided to have 16 of the 20 droids in the set standing with a poseable right arm with blaster so they could be used in battle scenarios. The other four droids have normal articulation and can be posed like just about any other Battle Droid figure of the past 13 years, though I'm fairly sure they'll be of the quality seen in the Saga Legends or Movie Heroes lines. Cheaper plastic and marginally less accurate sculpting and paint apps. Having four Vintage Collection Battle Droids in the MTT would probably jack the price up another ten or fifteen bucks.

Here's the the thing that they, (and all other toy makers, really) seem to be missing. When you make such a large and expensive product, you are no longer targeting kids. You are now targeting the collectors, who demand a certain amount of accuracy.