Thread: USS Bowman
View Single Post
Old April 12 2012, 05:14 AM   #7
DredZed
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: USS Bowman

Thanks for the comments guys. I haven't gotten much done, getting married in just over two weeks, so that's taking up a lot of my time obviously, lol.

Here's the latest:

Like I said, not a whole lot done, got the front on the nacelles, but still have to cut out the Bussard collector areas and add in the front grilles and such. I'm pretty happy with the overall look of the whole thing coming together.

I agree that it does seem to have a bit of a Voyager feel to the general shape and size choices, but the funny thing is I never (consiously) thought of that as I was working on coming up with the design. I just liked the idea of a more compact ship, that could be focused on more speed and maneuverability without having to worry as much about being a Jack-of-all-Trades like the Constitution always seemed to be.

This would be the sort of ship that would be patrolling along the borders, keeping an eye out for problems (hence the Romulan ship I'm working on in my other thread to go along with it). She'd be big and strong enough to deal with anything that might come along, but didn't have to be the best at everything, and could skip out in a hurry if the need arose.

And as for the lower saucer, I've been concerned about that myself, but if I absolutely have to I could bring the lower saucer in a little bit more to fit in the lower dome and such down there. I'll be seeing how that works out soon.
DredZed is offline   Reply With Quote