View Single Post
Old April 11 2012, 04:44 PM   #4340
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

http://www.clevvertv.com/interviews/...-of-steel.html

The unfortunately-named Dylan Sprayberry, who plays young Clark in the movie, talks about it here.

So this is the first time they’re using a teenager to portray the young version of Clark Kent in a Superman movie. How does that feel? It was really great. I didn’t even really notice how big it was until I finished shooting. It was so overwhelming that it was crazy, I was like “I can’t believe I just did all that.” In the moment, I was really focused on the work and the acting.
What will people really love about Man of Steel? When Zack [Snyder] and I were talking about it the first time, he was saying how Superman, they want to give it a more edgy feel like The Dark Knight but also make it more realistic and emotional so it’s not just the all-american superhero that saves everyone. He has dilemmas and love and struggles throughout the whole movie, especially when he’s a kid.
Interestingly enough, Dylan is playing the young version of Matthew Bomer's guest character in Glee. Bomer was rumoured to be a contender for Superman both this and the last time out.