View Single Post
Old April 11 2012, 10:21 AM   #173
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

tighr wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
That would only be something they needed to say if they were watching one of the remastered editions.
If you pay attention, the format they watch changes in each year (in addition to numerous other Easter eggs in each flashback).

In the 2000 scene, they're watching the original VHS. In the 2006 one, they're watching DVDs. in the 2012 one, they're watching the Blu-Rays.

I'd have to go back and re-watch, but presumably its a different version in each of the flashbacks (special edition VHS didn't come out until later in 2001, I believe, and the special edition DVDs didn't come out until late 2004).
He was holding the widescreen SE VHS box set.

The special edition VHS came out pretty soon after RotJ SE left theaters. They stopped selling the old box set before the SE was released(I remember wanting to buy one that wasn't SE and not being able to find one) and there was only about a year there where you couldn't buy the trilogy in stores. Possibly holiday season 2007 or early 2008?
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote