View Single Post
Old April 9 2012, 11:45 PM   #120
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral

View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny
Re: Vanguard: Storming Heaven by David Mack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

I'd like to echo the sentiments of pretty much everyone by saying WOW. That was a fitting ending to an incredible epic - one worthy of mainstream science fiction series from the likes of Weber, Niven, Hamilton, Bujold, etc.

In addition to the scenes previously mentioned, I also the nice foreshadowing of the Battle of Narendra III, with Gorkon telling Jetanien that when the Federation performs an act of honor no Klingon could ignore, there would be peace between them. I assume it was Narendra III since even Khitomer didn't solve all the problems.

I also liked the "It's the Enterprise" scenes. The one with the Klingons made me smile but the one aboard the Endeavor was even sweeter with Kirk arriving in literally the nick of time but not overshadowing the real heroes, the characters we've grown to love over the last seven years.

I voted outstanding and I hope that one day we will see another series of a similar caliber from the current pantheon of great writers.

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote