View Single Post
Old April 9 2012, 11:04 AM   #539
Endgame
Lieutenant Commander

Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

My reading continues slowly. Did finish "America at the crossroads" by Francis Fukuyama; "Sense and Sensibility" by Jane Austen; "The Secret Agent" by Joseph Conrad; "Kim" by Rudyard Kipling; and, "Maximum Warp" (Books One and Two) by Dave Galanter & Greg Brodeur (2001, ST-TNG #62 & #63). Just finished reading "De Monarchia" (transl. by Aurelia Henry, 1904) by Dante Alighieri which went well with the TNG novels (9 or 10 heavens with 9 or 10 dimensions).

Currently deciding how to read "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoyevsky (which of the two translations to read -- Constance Garnett's Penguin; or, Jessie Coulson's Oxford). I have not read any NF books and have the first four on my e-reader with a good number of other unread ST books.

Just for the record: "De Monarchia" from Internet Archives (Stanford University copy in PDF) was horrible with two missing pages and blanked out footnotes. Had to go to Online Library of Liberty (Indiana Central College copy) for a good copy that is also readable on the e-reader. Are there kings in the ST multiverse? I suppose I should purchase the "Game of Thrones" quadrilogy some time soon.

A recipe for wellness: well-living, well-learning, well-loving, and well-being. As it is really true that environment, knowledge, relationships, and decisions do matter. (Endgame)

Last edited by Endgame; April 9 2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Misspelling of translator and a grammar error and site error in naming
Endgame is offline   Reply With Quote