: (✩✩✩) - DVD
- An alien crash lands on Earth, takes the form of a woman's dead husband and gets her to take him cross-country to a landing site so that he can go home. Chasing them is a government agent. Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen star. A very average and predictable movie, but I'm glad I finally saw it. I used to watch the show in the 80s and wanted to see where it all began. The show picks up some years later when the alien returns to Earth. The same agent is on the show, but is played by a different actor.
: (✩✩✩✩½) - DVD
- A 20-something guy with asperger's syndrome, a condition that makes it difficult to socialize, meets a young lady and they have a relationship. Hugh Dancy and Rose Byrne star. This was a fantastic movie. One of the best I've seen this year. Hugh Dancy's performance was great and the story is very gripping and sad in a way, given the main character's struggle through life. I highly recomend this one. A lot of us have had difficulty in social situations or in relationships, and that makes this a relatable movie even for those who don't have asperger's.
100. The Other Woman
: (✩✩½) - DVD
- I got this to see more of Natalie Portman. She plays a man's second wife, who also has to deal with his son, his ex and the fact that she recently lost a baby due to SID. Not a terrible movie, but not great either.
101. The Good Night
: (✩✩✩) - DVD
- A man who's having difficulty with a dead marriage turns to lucid dreaming to live out his fantasies with a woman in a dream he had. Sherlock
's Martin Freeman stars. His wife is played by Gwyneth Paltrow, the woman in his dream is played by Penelope Cruz and the guy who runs the lucid dream workshop he goes to is played by Danny DeVito. It's a fascinating movie for those interested in lucid dreaming, but it doesn't delve too deeply into the subject matter.
102. The Spy Next Door
: (✩✩) - TV
- A single mom and her kids live next door to a boring man named Bob Ho, but little do they know that he's a spy. Stars Jackie Chan. This one's a barely watchable kiddy movie.
103. Paranormal Activity
: (✩✩✩½) - TV
- A "found footage" movie about a couple dealing with a ghost in their house. It's gripping and scary at times. Can't wait to see the sequels that I hear are actually prequels.
: (✩✩½) - TV
- A Canadian movie about a young guy from a sikh community who wants to play hockey against the wishes of his more traditional father. Stars unknown actor Vinay Virmani who also wrote it, but it was Russell Peters and Camilla Belle that got me to watch. Rob Lowe and Noureen DeWulf are also in it. Disappointing movie, but I liked the all-star cast.
On Demand: 13