View Single Post
Old April 9 2012, 03:19 AM   #535
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

CaptainDonovin wrote: View Post
One thing I've noticed myself doing since I picked up my kindle in December is reading more than one book at a time. Not sure why I never did before now.
I've had the same experience. I end up reading one on my phone Kindle app or now on my Kindle Fire whenever I don't have a physical book handy. Lately it's even been three books as one was a hardcover I didn't feel like carting around with me. The Kindle book tends to be something I'm not so into - not that I don't want to read it - just that I don't feel compelled to finish.

So, the home book was Mr. Sebastian and the Negro Magician, which I just finished. I pretty much hated it - it was dark and depressing and confusing and felt unfinished. It was cheap though, and I'll get more out of it in trade credit than I paid for it, so it's not a total loss.

On a more positive note, I also just finished Dealing with Dragons by Patricia Wrede, which was delightful. I highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a positive fantasy series for young girls, but it is also a fun, light read for an adult. Not profound by any means, but cute and fun. I'm looking forward to the rest of he series.

On my Kindle I'm meandering through Neverwhere by Neal Gaiman. Quirky but not yet compelling.

And on Audible, I'm listening through Boneshaker by Cherie Priest. I'm not far enough into it to give a firm opinion, but so far so good.