View Single Post
Old April 8 2012, 04:28 PM   #37
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

Re: MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
I have always liked the black Mets gear. I wish I could get the black cap in an 8 1/2, but the cap company doesn't sell it in that size. I could only get the blue one. Which isn't bad, I'd just like to have a cap that matches my black jacket.

The one Mets uni I don't like is the off-white with pinstripes. I shouldn't say that, I know it's traditional, I just like the pure black and pure white ones.

Timby wrote: View Post
Believe it or not, not everyone watches Mets games, so the vast majority of people have no clue what you're talking about.
Eh? I know that there aren't a lot of Mets fans here, but surely most people who follow baseball have at least a passing familiarity with Gary Carter? Both from the '86 team, and also especially since his death has been in the sports news lately.
Pinstripes and blue hats are the best in my book. I wish they'd have a blue alt instead of black, sorta like their BP jerseys.

I have the black cap with blue brim with the 2000 World series logo on it. It was what they had in the store when I went to get it.

I grew up on the pinstripes, so the black always seemed odd. I don't miss the 1980s pullovers with the racing stripes though.
SmoothieX is offline   Reply With Quote