View Single Post
Old April 8 2012, 12:52 AM   #795
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

A post in Science Fiction & Fantasy mentioned the novels which were nominated for the 2012 Hugo awards, which prompted me to check out the other categories. I was pretty surprised, but happy to see this:

Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form

“The Doctor’s Wife” (Doctor Who), written by Neil Gaiman; directed by Richard Clark (BBC Wales)
“The Drink Tank’s Hugo Acceptance Speech,” Christopher J Garcia and James Bacon (Renovation)
“The Girl Who Waited” (Doctor Who), written by Tom MacRae; directed by Nick Hurran (BBC Wales)
“A Good Man Goes to War” (Doctor Who), written by Steven Moffat; directed by Peter Hoar (BBC Wales)
“Remedial Chaos Theory” (Community), written by Dan Harmon and Chris McKenna; directed by Jeff Melman (NBC)
Now, as a big-Who fan, I'd love to see Who win, especially "The Doctor's Wife," due to my twin loves of Doctor Who and the writings of Neil Gaiman, but I would also love to see Community win, especially since episodes of Doctor Who won in 2011 and 2010.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson

Last edited by shivkala; April 8 2012 at 04:34 AM.
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote