View Single Post
Old April 7 2012, 10:34 PM   #16
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

VulcanJedi wrote:
I'm wondering if a new wave of Trek toys will hit the shelves when the new movie comes out? Will they be made by a new company, or will they change the design?
Actually, it was announced that Hasbro got the license to make toys for TREK 2013. I'm glad. Hasbro has proven much more commercially competent and successful than Playmates and others who have tackled the TREK action figure lines in the past...and with all due respect to some of those other companies, they weren't able to make most of their figures and dolls look like the actors and characters. Some of them quite frankly sucked the chrome off a trailer hitch and were kind of embarrassing.

Shazam! wrote:
LOL One was Wedge! I got him, Ponda Baba and a Hoth guy from Smyth's (UK toy shop).

I hear Bespin Han is being re-released in a future wave.
Yeah, the following 2011 Vintage figures are slated to be repacked and rereleased over the next few months or so:

VC21 Gamorrean Guard
VC28 Wedge Antilles
VC50 Han Solo(Bespin Outfit)
VC51 Barriss Offee
VC52 Rebel Fleet Trooper
VC53 Bom Vimdin
VC54 ARC Trooper Commander(Captain Fordo)
VC55 Logray(Ewok Medicine Man)

I think the following should also be repacked and rereleased, but Hasbro for some reason or another isn't planning on doing so:

VC12 Darth Sidious(Revenge of the Sith)
VC18 Magnaguard
VC65 TIE Fighter Pilot
VC68 Rebel Soldier(Hoth Battle Gear)
VC69 Bastila Shan
VC70 Ponda Baba
VC94 Imperial Navy Commander
VC96 Darth Malgus

It's always the figures you want to be rereleased that never do...or you end up waiting years for it to happen. Meh. Good thing some of us got these when they were first out, because there's no guarantee they'll ever see retail again.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151

Last edited by cooleddie74; April 7 2012 at 10:48 PM.
cooleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote