View Single Post
Old April 7 2012, 02:38 AM   #636
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: Why was Kes written off the show?

smarine wrote: View Post
What utter rubbish, come now MIss chicken.

Tell us how you really feel

I smell a ton of rotting jealousy coming off of you, and its not very appealing.

I've talked to many trek fans, and never has anyone said such strange things, but I guess it takes all kinds, and all kinds of opinions.

I may not have felt her acting was always spot on, but she did an amazing job for the most part, her voice did not annoy me on any level, and she was not sickening sweet. I think you missed a few episodes !

cu
smarine

Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post

I guess I am alone in not being able to stand her voice. I spent the first 3 seasons of VOY during my maiden watch of the series wanting to slap her.
Her voice was the main reason I couldn't stand her. It irritated me so much, it was 1000 times worse than Keiko's whine. I din't want to slap her, I wanted to throttle her. The other reason i didn't like the character was because she was so sickly sweet.
Talk about rubbish.

If Miss Chicken's reasons for disliking Kes is jealousy, then thousands of folks must be jealous of Fran Dresher or Rosie Perez. "Friends" cast Kathline Turner as a man due to her raspy throaty voice like Jen Lien's. That was the joke, that a voice such as that can sound sexy to some and manly to others.