View Single Post
Old April 6 2012, 09:52 PM   #254
Warped9
Admiral

Re: Ray's TAS shuttlecraft...

Axeman, I greatly appreciate the offer and I am considering it. I just want to see if I can rectify this on my own first.

I'm presently trying to simplify the model since I suspect thats what part of the problem is.

Maybe Sketchup is being taxed beyond normal? It seems to be a program that is used widely for architectural models which means mostly straight lines and blocks. But I've seen quite a variety of things done with Sketchup and so what I'm doing shouldn't be a problem.

From everything I've read I feel there's some incompatibility issue between Sketchup 8 and Mac OSX Lion. It will work, but it can get increasingly slow as the model gets more complex. This, of course, is a serious flaw as I see it.

Now it's possible for me to install Sketchup on my old eMac that runs with Snow Leopard which from what I read doesn't experience this slow down issue. But being a desktop computer I have to think about where I can conveniently put it since my desk is already taken up by my iMac. I also don't relish the idea of shuttling back-and-forth between computers just so I can mirror the damned thing.