View Single Post
Old April 5 2012, 04:08 AM   #2180
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
My point is that the scene didn't even need to play out. As soon as we saw her in the chair surrounded by bad guys, we already exatly what would happen, how it would happen, and we already know, before the action takes place,
You're just being obtuse now. I could predict the ending of probably 90% of the scenes in movies I go to see just because of the way movies and story telling works. Hell, I can tell you the whole story of the movie right now.

A big threat comes to Earth, the Avengers are assembled and initially suffer some growing pains in working together given their diverse group and their various backgrounds; but in the end finally get over their personal bullshit, learn to work together, stop the threat and emerge triumphant.

Yeah when the scene started I knew exactly where it was going to go. It was obvious just from knowing her character she was going to punk all of them and kick their asses. That still doesn't mean it cannot be enjoyed! I already know the good guys are going to win in this movie. I already know who's going to survive based on their various franchises still being in place. But, hey, I can still enjoy the ride and the visuals of it all.

...that we are going to just accept that she ill take them out despite the fact ScarJo probably couldnt bench press forty-five pounds.

Forty-five pounds is how much your average kindergartener weighs. If ScarJo has kids I doubt she'd struggle to lift them into the car or to give them a hug. She seems pretty fit to me while still being feminine and slender. And no matter how much weight she can bench that still doesn't mean her swinging a foot at your head at great force isn't going to knock you for a loop.

Last edited by Trekker4747; April 5 2012 at 10:23 AM.