View Single Post
Old April 4 2012, 09:56 PM   #61
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 2 discussion thread

Christopher wrote: View Post
And I'm not too familiar with Wasp in the comics, but in this show, Jan has shown herself to be quite clever, creative, and relentless in action, and is often able to pull off victories that don't seem possible based on relative power levels alone. As for Hawkeye... well, I don't know. Stubbornness and attitude? Whatever it is he has, he's managed to hold his own alongside the heavy hitters.
My favorite era of Avengers comics and for the Wasp in particular was when Roger Stern was writing the book and Wasp was team leader for an extended period. She more than proved herself as equally capable of leading the team as any of the heavy hitters.

As for Hawkeye, he's proved himself as a leader himself, during the West Coast Avenger era and now during his stint as leader of the Secret Avengers. But besides that, he's the guy you never count out, and he is often last Avenger standing. Once, when both East and West coast teams were out for the count fighting the Grandmaster, an Elder of the Universe, Hawkeye saved the day by out-bluffing him with a variation of a shell game.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; April 4 2012 at 11:58 PM.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote