View Single Post
Old April 4 2012, 10:09 PM   #59
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
Re: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 2 discussion thread

wasp took out a Hulk (I think it was Ultimate Wasp who took out Ultimate Hulk, "briefly") by shrinking all the way down to ant size... One 8th of an inch, and then going mental with her stingers inside the Hulks ear canal.

In West Coast Avengers in the 80s Hawkeye took out the Abomination with a couple adamantium taser arrows. Which is the exact opposite of what happened to him in the first Secret Wars when he had to hand over all his advanced tech and widgety arrow heads so that Richards could make repairs on Jim Rhode's Iron Man Armour. Clint was super pissed to be going into battle against Kang the Conqueror with sharpened sticks.

Vibranium weapons? I think the Panthers most impressive weapon is the thousands of lawyers he can launch at Doom in a moments notice. If not the cloaked orbital weapons platforms... In Avengers 1959, the Wakandans were talking about similar technology just two years after Sputnik.

Doom would be all About Stark Tech. Not to steal it, but for a good laugh when he's feeling down. But he would be intimate with Iron Man's weaknesses which would make him easier to cornhole than Captain America who is "just" an acrobat.

I've seen (cap and some 60 year old Japanese guy who was probably stereotypically a black belt. I think Byrne was writing?) the Hulk taken out with Judo twice. It's funny as hell. Besides if Doom can send a human being though time to the age of the Pharaohs, then Doom can send half of the Hulk through time to the Age of the Pharaohs.
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote