Thread: Whovian Whumor
View Single Post
Old April 3 2012, 11:06 PM   #286
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor
Re: Whovian Whumor

Half that list seems more like a personal agenda against certain characters (or just The Doctor himself) than looking at objectively. Yes, The Doctor is a bastard for the events The Unearthly Child, choking Peri, tormenting Ace in The Curse of Fenric and The Ghost Light, and his acts during the Time War.

But Leela is not a blood thirsty serial killer and the author conveniently forgets how The Doctor regularly chastised her for her violence and use of Janis thorns as well as trying to educate her in nearly every story.

I'm also amused that, while the article opens with a photo from "The Family of Blood," the author leaves this out, which is odd considering it's a situation that I do agree that The Doctor acts like a complete bastard and is called out on it by Joan.

There are certainly enough cases to fill up a top ten list of The Doctor acting like a complete bastard, but this author didn't accomplish it here.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote