View Single Post
Old April 2 2012, 05:02 PM   #795
Samson88B
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott returns to Sci-Fi

Harvey wrote: View Post
See it for yourself. There are various versions of the scene on YouTube, including this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS5MtzrW1vU
This may sound lame but you have restored my sanity. I first saw Alien when I was 9 years old. Later when I was about 14 or so I bought the novel and read it. There was a particular scene in the novel that described the "nest scene" or deleted scene.

As I read that part I could vividly see that scene in my mind as if I saw it on the movie itself. Many times seeing a movie first then reading the book often translates into you seeing images of the movie in your head as you read the book. The problem that I had was when I finally saw the movie for a second time, the nest scene was no longer in the movie. I often wondered and questioned in my head if I actually ever did see the scene or if it was just my mind putting together the scene in my head as I read the book.

Now some 28 years later I finally found out that I was not crazy and that scene was not something I imagined in my head that was created from the novel.

Thank you very much for that link. LOL